Join us Saturday May 19, 2018 as we “rally the valley”. Oh My Goodness, MINI Coopers for Children’s Cancer, rally will be a fun time while raising money for a great cause. All proceeds will be donated to St Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital! Why St Jude? “Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.”
Members: You can help NOW! Post the following link to your social media pages and help us make this a successful fundraiser for a great cause! When Hope Finds WingsZKY1857926
Events for St. Jude
Events for St. Jude
Rally starts with a surprise treat of coffee and donuts and a raffle of awesome prizes! For those that donate prior to the rally via the above link, they will be entered in a special drawing to be announced the day of the rally. We will also provide a change toss bucket if you want to make a direct donation to the charity. On the drive we will be crossing the water at the Lehigh Valley Zoo, where we will get some excellent photo opportunities! Photos will be available for a donation directly to St Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The first leg of the trip will end in Lehighton, PA for an event run by When Hope Finds Wings. When Hope Finds Wings is in its 4th year of raising money for Children’s Cancer research! Their event will have a bake sale, food and vendor sales such as Lularoe, Thirty One and Pampered Chef to name a few. Proceeds from their event also goes directly to St Jude, so support their vendors too!
The second half of our rally will take us through some fun twisty roads and make a brief stop atop Penn’s Peak! This is a great stop to get some breathtaking photos of your MINI! Also a good place to get a group shot! From Penn’s Peak it will be a short trip back down the mountain into the town of Jim Thorpe. We are ending the rally at a local grocery store and there is a reason behind this:
Jim Thorpe has so much to offer! On May 19th there is a craft vendor and food fair in town! Jim Thorpe is a quaint town with lots to offer however, parking is either in the municipal lot for $6 for the day OR at one of the many metered spaces in town. Those that wish to visit the town will be given a map leading them from the grocery store end point, to parking and other destinations. We hope you decide to explore as it is a beautiful town with a lot to offer! Don't forget your cameras!
In addition to local restaurants and stores here is a brief list of other great ideas for your trip to Jim Thorpe: For more information on ALL of these as well as a list of other great things to do in the area, please visit: Visit Jim Thorpe Pennsylvania
- The Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway- Click this link: Home for beautiful breathtaking views of the Lehigh River Gorge. You can take your bike on the train and ride back on the rail trails or walk back too if you don’t want to ride the train back. *Bring your bikes or rent one in town!
- Glen Oko Trailhead and Falls - The National Heritage Corridor of hiking trails
- White Water Rafting - Jim Thorpe is known for its white water rafting tours.
- Antiquing! There are many great shops in the downtown area.
- Tour of the Asa Packer Mansion. You can also do a self tour of the Opera House.
- Live entertainment at the Broadway Grille Live Music Nights (May 19th 2-5PM)
- Wine tasting at a few different establishments in town, one located next to the train station
- Penn’s Peak - concert on May 19th 8PM Dark Star Orchestra (Grateful Dead tribute band)
- Mauch Chunk Opera House (www.MCOHJT.com) NYF -New York’s Finest- A tribute to The Police (the band not the po po) 8pm 5/19
- Old Jail and Mauch Chunk Museums
Meeting Place: Mini Of Allentown - 4600 Crackersport Road, Allentown, PA
Meeting Time: 8:45AM check in
Drivers Meeting: 9:15AM
Start Time: 9:45AM
Ending Place: Jim Thorpe Market - 1 River St, Jim Thorpe, PA
What to Bring:
- Raffle and coin toss - to help raise money for a very important cause!
- lunch & shopping
- parking ($6 all day municipal lot or coins for metered parking on the street)
Coffee and Donuts will be provided at check in.
Lunch is on your own: A. at end of leg 1 event, B. pack a lunch or C. wait until end of rally to eat in Jim Thorpe at the food and vendor festival or one of the local restaurants.
Spotify Play List
You can find the GPX file for this rally in the 'Documents' folder on our website, if you're a member.
Leaders: Tracy & Randy, Tony & Ronnie, Keith & Diane Murphy
Sweepers: Barry Meyers, Josh, Lin & Don Primrose
Marshalls: Heather, Pops