This signature event, generously sponsored by MINI of the Main Line, runs throughout the City of Brotherly Love, passing many famous landmarks, and supports Chestnut Hill Meals on Wheels!
Meetup Location Information:
WHEN: Sunday, August 17th
MEET TIME: 7:00 AM Check-in
DRIVER’S MEETING: 7:30AM
MEETING PLACE: Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, PA [MAP]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE START LOCATION IS THE SAME AS LAST YEAR, NOT AT EAKINS OVAL!
COST: $5 Members, $15 Non-Members
Check In Information:
Rally groups will be posted on the Thursday before the rally. Please check the forums on Thursday evening or after to determine your rally group.
You will check in with your rally master on the day of the event.
Don’t forget to PB4UGO. There are bathrooms across the way at Waterworks Drive but there will be very limited time to use them.
Raffle and Prizes (Proceeds benefit Chestnut Hill Meals on Wheels)
Change 4 Change: Donate spare change from home and your cup holders and put it to good use! Dump it in your team’s bucket at the start point for a chance to win a prize!
50/50: You can buy a 50/50 ticket for $5 at the start and end points.
Raffle: Prizes donated by awesome sponsors will be on view at the end point. Tickets cost $1 each or an arm’s length for $10. Grab tickets at the start or end points.
- You MUST be present AT THE DRAWINGS to win. If you cannot be present, your non-refundable ticket purchase will still support the Meals on Wheels charity.
- The raffle prize, if an accessory or mod, MUST fit your MINI. If you win and the accessory or mod is determined not to fit your MINI, the award is forfeited and we will draw again. Items will be clearly marked.
- The raffle prize, if a donated/installed vendor modification, MUST be claimed within 3 months of winning. If not claimed within 3 months, you surrender the prize and its value.
NEW! Parts Table
We will have a table available where you can sell your spare parts. Here’s how it works.
- Parts must be clean. No oozing oils or fluids.
- Parts, motoring gear, and related motoring accessories are welcome and encouraged.
- These items will be sold on consignment on your behalf at a staffed table.
- Before you leave, you will be responsible for coming to the table to acquire any cash you have made. We will not be delivering money to anyone after the event.
- You must take any unsold parts with you when you leave or they will be disposed of. Matt says that any remaining parts that don’t fit on his MINI will be sold on eBay.
- PhillyMINI is not responsible for the condition, fit, finish of parts. You must inspect items to your satisfaction. All sales are final at the discretion of the seller. We can not coordinate returns for you or provide installation or other forms of support.
End Point and Lunch Info:
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum | Approximate arrival time: 12:30PM
The rally will conclude with lunch provided by MINI of the Main Line at the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum.
What to bring:
- 2-way radios
- Full tank of gas
- Your PhillyMINI member badge (or $35 to become a member! Memberships will be available for purchase prior to the rally start)
- $5 admission fee for The Simeone (members) / $15 (non-members). Will be collected at the start point!
- Spare change for your team’s Meals on Wheels challenge collection!
- $ to buy clings/buttons (quantities limited)
- $ to buy Raffle tickets for sweet MINI flair ($1 per ticket or $10 for an arm’s length!)
- $5 to buy a 50/50 ticket and support Meals on Wheels (you could win half the amount of CASH collected!)
PLEASE INDICATE IN YOUR RSVP IF YOU WILL BE ATTENDING THE MUSEUM AND LUNCH.
Maximum Number of MINIs: 60
Supporting Map Information of The Start Point:
Note: You can not enter by the orange X. This side of the museum is closed to entering traffic at this time. You can enter from the Kelly Drive side.
iScream, uScream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!
The weather’s warm, the days are long, and nothing says summer like ICE CREAM!
Join us for the second iScream rally on July 26th at 11am!
Meeting place: Valley Creek Corporate Center, 224 Valley Creek Boulevard, Exton, PA 19341 (MAP)
Meeting time: 11am (driver’s meeting at 11:30am, cars will leave at 12pm)
What to Bring:
- FRS Radios
- A full tank of gas
- CASH for ice cream
- A good cooler and ice packs if you want to take ice cream home with you
The meeting place is a corporate center parking lot. There are no amenities here.
While we take off at lunch time, we won’t be stopping for lunch. You should eat, pee and gas up before you go. There are lots of restaurants, gas stations and bathroom places in Exton or in Frazer on Rt 30, only a few minutes away from the meeting place. (If you need assistance determining a location for your needs, please post in the event thread or contact the Rallye Master.)
This rally is limited to 30 cars. There will be two groups of 15 cars.
Post-rally dinner: We’ll be heading over to Jimmy’s BBQ for dinner after. We should get to Jimmy’s between 5:00-5:30ish. If BBQ isn’t your thing, there are sushi/Japanese and Middle Eastern restaurants in the shopping center.
Please note if you will be dining at Jimmy’s and the number in your party in your RSVP.
Maximum number of cars: 30
Join the Discussion: Here
Rallye Master: Lauren (saxchik): 2010 Nightfire Red Clubman
MINI Takes The States registration for 2014 is now open! Click here to register for the events and dates of your choosing! You can register each human in your party for $45. Birds, dogs, cats, and reptiles are free.
Those staring in Memphis will be glad to hear that the evening’s entertainment venue has its own goat. The Chicago evening event location has homemade strawberry poptarts on its menu. Cleveland will definitely rock. And you can’t get much closer to the coast than the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston. It’s a stop you’ll never forget.
So let’s chase the sunrise. Let’s spend the dog days of summer on an epic journey. Let’s get ready to motor.
The 2014 PhillyMINI motoring season is here, and there’s so much fun to be had at PhillyMINI, but first you will want to join!
CLICK HERE to purchase a 2014 Motoring &/or Navigator Membership. (You’ll be taken to the PhillyMINI Forums to register first, if you are not already a Forum Member)
Note: The online membership requests are input one at a time. If you have multiple memberships (i.e. Motoring Member and Navigator), you will go through the process steps for each one individually.
Within 48 hours, you will receive an email with a link to download and print your membership forms. If you purchase a membership and return your forms by March 23rd, you can claim your badge and membership kit at the 2014 Member Meeting!
Why scour the web looking for great resources for your MINI? If you’re a Philly-area MINI owner, look no further!
Click here to visit our MINI Cooper Resources page!
We have your MINI covered from boot to bonnet with this list of great local and web retailers. From national events and forums to magazines, podcasts and sellers of stubby antennas, this list contains everything you need to customize your MINI and keep it running like new.